5.20.2008

26.2

My sister is amazing. For those of you who didn't know--I have a "champ" for a sista! Lindsay finished her second marathon on Saturday with an awesome time of 3 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds! That means she ran 9 minute miles for the whole 26! My family drove up to Ogden to watch her finish and she seriously looked like she had just started. I'm not kidding--she didn't even look like her body was tired!! But, I'm sure it was and it was quite the accomplishment. She mostly wanted to beat her time of the last marathon, and she did by 36 minutes- so way to go! I'm so proud!!!! Here are some pictures for proof....
This is her picking up her stuff the night before (right before the Jazz game)! She looks so excited--I'm not sure why? Must be those Jazz.... Brandon & Brett met her every few miles to cheer her on! These pictures are at the 23 mile mark...only 3.2 more!!Bran even ran a couple hundred feet with her!Brandon really liked this river..This is my family (and my dad's back) anxiously awaiting her arrival at the finish line. My dad was a little Type A and wouldn't turn around--either because he was afraid he would miss her, or just wanted to see the people on the last stretch....haha oh dad!And then the moment we were all waiting for...hallelujah!
....and we watched her finish!!!! Brandon brought her flowers and a sweet, oversized balloon that sang an "i love you" song. It was cute! And then we all just hung out for a while.... ...and then went home. Well, that was fun!

9 comments:

CharLee Carn said...

Wow! Thats crazy that she can run a marathon...and not just one but TWO! If only I could do that...ha probably not! Way to go Lindz! Have you ever ran one?

west's said...

That is AMAZING!! I could never run a marathon!! She looks so buff as she's running to the finish line!! But she's tiny!! It was fun to see you guys. I had a lot of fun. Now you guys need to come visit, but come stay with us!! I know - your grandma (right?) has a condo down here, but that would be fun if you guys stayed with us.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

aw thanks Anne! You make me seem way cooler than I really am. thanks again for coming up to support me and for spending the whole rest of the day with me! sure love ya!

The Robinson's said...

wow! tell her congrats! i could never do a marathon! i would probably die! literally! You look so cute in all of those pics!~ I'm jelous!

The Robinson's said...

p.s. your wedding pics are AMAZING!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the sweet-A pics!! You really need to go into photography, Sis!!

Anonymous said...

Who does that?! i am doing a 1/2 in August and want to cry just thinking about it! Shes awesome.

Jobi Niu said...

WOW! She is AMAZING! Now tell me why I like got teared up looking at the pics of Brandon running with her and cheering her on??? Could he love her anymore? I don't think so! He's like SO fetchin cute to her! I LOVE IT! Her body.. no way! Freakin BOMB! What an amazing accomplishment.

Heather Lee said...

wow, I thought people only ran those once. She's awesome. And you're so funny. "my dad was a little Type A" haha.