2.20.2009

GOOD LUCK CHARMS

Austin and I got to go to the Jazz vs Celtics game last night, and it was a blast! I have never sat in the lower bowl, and I was so happy that I could actually SEE the game.
Austin somehow talked to me into wearing his Larry Bird jersey over my Darren Williams jersey. He wanted to wear it, but it only fits him when he is shirtless..... so he really wanted me to. Apparently Larry Bird is the coolest white guy ever. Austin was seriously cracking me up; he was so happy I was wearing it. He said - Aww I never thought this would be happening to me - you wearing my Celtics jersey and going to the Jazz vs Celtics game on the 20th row. Haha he was in heaven. He also kept begging me to let him take a picture of me while I was getting ready.....
I didn't think it was that big of a deal to wear a Celtics jersey, but I was wrong. At first is was kind of fun getting booed at everywhere I went, but then it just got plain awkward. I'm a Jazz fan...duh and I was cheering for the Jazz the whole time - I think people were confused. Anyway... don't wear the other teams jersey when you aren't rooting for them. It was a bad idea.
We got there an hour early (Austin was afraid we were going to be late), so we got to watch Kyle warm up. PS - I think he looked right at me. Anyway...we never saw him miss a shot....seriously! Then in the game, he only made one shot. What's his deal? Poor guy. I still think he's the best ;)
Oh, hi. Here we are...happy as can be. Williams basically won the game right there.... and I caught it on camera, thank you! And.... Hallelujah!!!!! It was such a fun game to be at! Austin and I are usually unlucky, but not last night!!! I can't wait for the next game we'll go to in 2010 ha.

11 comments:

Meghan said...

That looks like so much fun! That's hilarious that you wore a Celtics jersey. It's all right if everyone was booing at you, you still looked cute in it!

Katie Lane said...

Fun. I love that picture of you with the Celtics jersey.

Mark and Mel said...

Haha, that is hilarious! What a good wife you are!

jayni & ben said...

You two are so stinking cute. Love that you wore that for him. We went to a Jazz game and wore Spurs stuff. Jazz fanz hated us :)

Colby & Amanda said...

ha ha, you guys are so cute! It looks like you had tons of fun. We need to go to a game...Colby has been dying to go. Austin is so funny, he really is like a little kid:)

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Ha ha you really are such a nice wife to wear that for him! I would have been scared! Cute pics though- I'm so jealous you got to go to that game. It was a good one! Talk to you soon chica

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

I am SOO jealous you got to go to this game I love the Celtics!!! You look cute in your jersey even though you are a jazz fan!

Dan and Heather said...

We were supposed to go to that game! How fun :) well I am super bummed cuz we have family plans in the morning so I am going to miss Turco Kick!! But I will for sure see you Tuesday!

Jobi Niu said...

HOW LUCKY! Um.. could you be cuter.. Austin, you too! I just love you guys! That was a great game. Lower bowl seats.. GEEZ!

Bethea said...

Ohh baby! that would have been an awesome game to go to! I was probably at home sitting on my big pregnant butt. And Kyle Korver... what can I say.. not only is he an awesome ball player.. but he's a super nice guy too. In the summer, Pete played on an ultimate Frisbee team with him and he dated my friend Jamie for a while. He's a super chill guy.

Julie Winder said...

I hope my girls love to hang out when they get older. I am afraid all they do is fight now. Your parents are so cute, what a fun idea. Hope all is well with you! Kristi practically lives here on the weekends. It has been nice to see her more often. You should come visit. It is nice and sunny!