9.03.2011

Alpine Girl's Half Marathon

So.......last Saturday I ran a half marathon.
I sorta decided last minute to train for one.
I'm really not supposed to be "training" for any races right now,
but I was just DYING to do one before running season was totally over.

This is the first year they did the Utah Runner Girls Half.
It was in Alpine, which made it ten times more fun and ten times harder.
Alpine is my favorite place to run because it's my hometown,
but it also has freakin ridiculous HILLS.
This was one of the hardest long distant runs I've ever done.... holy cow.
We would make it to the top of one hill just to see another hill.

I ran with my friend Amanda BTW.  She is training for a marathon, which I AM NOT :)
She is my running buddy and has made running ten million times more fun this summer!
We seriously talk the entire time we run... pretty sure she knows my whole life story by now.
Running is major therapy :) Exercise and girl talk just fixes things.... ya know??

Anyway.....
 I dropped my camera off at my parents to have at the finish line,
and I totally didn't realize my SD card was at home in my computer :( BUMMER!!!
So, I don't have any pictures.
Lucky for me...... We made a friend, Natalie, at mile 1 and pretty much ran together the whole race.
Her husband was a champ and took pictures of us all during the race.
I haven't gotten the high res pictures emailed to me yet,
but I wanted to post these before I forget.
Totally stole them from FB. Nice.

I think this was about mile 9.... our only slight downhill....

I am soooo embarrassed because I totally wore the wrong tank.
You know those shirts that just show sweat like none other?
Yep, check out my back.
I can't believe I didn't think about it beforehand!!! So gross, I'm sorry.
(Amanda, Natalie, and I)



At mile 11, we had a freaking crazy hill...steep and long.....really? Almost died...

My favorite part of races is when you hit that second wind for the last few miles. 
Right after that hill, I felt goo - ood. 
You just get that runners high and just want to sprint to the finish line.
Love it.

I totally didn't get my best time,
but oh well!!!
It was a blast,
and it was hard
and we did it!!


Here we are after the race...amazing I took a break from my food to take this :)


Probably won't do this race next year....
I'll probably stick with the downhill ones!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

You are so awesome! Inspirational for sure. You go girl!

Cher said...

no way, i didn't even know you were a runner! :) that's amazing. you're basically awesome at everything.

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

Way to go Ang! That's awesome!! I have yet to run a big race like that, maybe some day. That's funny about your sweaty tank top. I'm sure you weren't the only one:) Great job!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Wow! Great job! I can't believe you finished a half marathon while training last minute! I'm amazed!

Mark and Mel said...

Way to go Ange! You inspire me! :) We missed seeing you and Austin when we were in town last month. Hope you guys are doing well!