8.12.2012

Blessing Day









My little AJ, Your dad gave you a beautiful blessing tonight. He blessed you to have a strong testimony, to have a close relationship with the savior, and to have the ability to love everyone. He blessed you with health and physical strength, to get sealed in the temple, and to be sensitive to the promptings of the spirit. You were calm and happy during the whole blessing. I think it was the calm before the storm because you had a little meltdown afterward. You calmed down once you were swaddled and rocked, and then you stayed awake the whole time while the family hung out after the blessing. You are so alert now and you love having people around you.  You looked so innocent, pure, and clean with your white dress on. It made me fast forward your life to think of your baptism day and you wedding day when you will also be dressed in white. I know the time is going to go by too fast, and I want to take every moment in while you are still so small. You have a lot of people that love you, and a lot of people came to see you on your special day! 

I got AJ to fall asleep 20 minutes before the blessing, and I totally thought she would sleep the whole time. This is her and grandma Cindi right before she woke up and right before her blessing.

 AJ with the woman she is named after.....her great-grandma, Mary Jo. This was mid-meltdown :)

 Ashley and Gracie are so happy to have 2 new cousins this year!! They love to play with their feet!

Grandma and Grandpa E with little "Joey"

Our little family. Couldn't be happier :) 

And one last one of this cutie...



1 comment:

Lauren said...

So Sweet! Love the pictures with AJ and her daddy! I'm sure her blessing was beautiful. Love you guys!