6.15.2013
AF Canyon Half Marathon
Last year during this half, I was pregnant, and I wanted to run it sooooo bad. Obvi, I couldn't. I couldn't even walk up the stairs, but one of my new years resolutions was to start running again and do this half. Come April 1st, I hadn't ran in like a year in a half, and I was ready to get back in shape. Ugh. Hate building up running every spring, but we did a 12 week training program and we all did our long runs Saturday mornings together, and we had a blast training!! We stayed together the whole half until about mile 9, and we kinda split up, but we ended up finishing all within 3 minutes of each other, My mom's hips and knees were hurting but she still got an awesome time and Michelle shaved 45 minutes off her time of the last half she did. So proud!!! Our time was 2:12. I wanted to beat 2 hours, but the whole first half I was slow cause I had the worst side ache the whole time. Weirdest thing ever. I think we needed to do more downhill training, but who knows. Anyway....It was a blast!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment