6.17.2009

Utah Valley Marathon

She is not gonna like this post, but I'm doing it anyway. My sister ran her third MARATHON on Saturday. Yes, THREE. The first two, she ran in Ogden, and this one she ran in Utah Valley, which she will never do again. Sorry Utah Valley, your marathon SUCKS (according to the marathon runners).
Here she is at 4 AM getting on the bus to go up to Provo Canyon. She started a Deer Creek.
Brandon and his mom met her every once in a while to cheer her on. This is her at Mile 14 Brandon ran for a sec. ....and Mile 20 - Just after running through the swarm of mosquitoes. Seriously, you should have seen how many mosquitoes there were by Utah Lake. It was disgusting. I ran the last little bit with her. I mostly like this picture because Lindsay's legs look amazing. She is going to make me delete that, but seriously. Brandon took 100 pictures of us running, but here are a few...
This one is our favorite
Here is my family waiting at the Finish Line at Provo Town Center
...and Pauline
I felt sooooo stupid right about here. I felt like I was trying to pretend like I ran a marathon. Some guy yelled, "Hey that girl is cheating. She didn't run the whole thing." Thanks Mister. I didn't know that.
Lindz beat her time by 5 minutes! Her time was 3 Hours 55 Minutes.
She also ranked 6th place for her age group.
Wowzer is all I can say.
She inspired me. It was really awesome to run with her.
26 Miles amazes me.
We went to the Original Pancake House afterwards to stuff our faces. I ate like I ran 26 miles. Good work, Hopper.

13 comments:

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

I'm amazed! She is such a great runner and an insperation! You looked pretty good out there too ang! I'm excited for the party on saturday!

Jobi Niu said...

SHE IS UNREAL!!! I'm so jealous. I would love to do something like that. Um.. her body.. CAn I please have it? She is so inspiring. Ange, your body too?? Um...PENCIL. HOTTIES! Love you both. GOOO LINDSAY!! I too love that picture of you two running..

Katie Lane said...

woah Lindsay. That is crazy. she is out of control. I love the ones of you running, they are hilarious.

Mark and Mel said...

Ange, hi! I haven't been on here in so long! I love your new header! How is life? Go Linz! That's awesome she has run three marathons!

Mark andTiffani said...

WOw!! that is sooo impressive. I don't even have the discipline or endurance to go to an hour long kick boxing class. I'm going to do better. You might not see me every week, but I'm going to make appearances. baby steps right? Especially now that I don't see you all the time. We definitely need to keep in touch, we should all hang some time.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Oh...my...gosh Ange! You really should take some of that stuff out--you make me seem like I'm some sort of super hero or something! Haha, and I'm definitely not! I'm sooo glad you came and ran the last 6 with me- Those never-ending, boring, flat roads towards the end would have killed me if you weren't there. You're the best running partner ever =)

Adam & Alissa said...

I signed up for this marathon! Except for then I remembered that one time I tried running and nearly passed out after a mile :) See ya next year!

You are both an inspiration! (I dedicate Chicago's "Your my Inspiration" to both of you for many reasons!)

Love ya girls!

Tasty Tidbits said...

Wow, I would have dropped dead after like three of those miles! Haha, I am a horrible runner. So that's really awesome. And The Original Pancake House is me and Jordan's favorite! We go there at least a couple times a month and stuff our faces as well!

jayni & ben said...

oh my gosh is all I can say. She is amazing. So are you. I would kill to have either of your bodies and be able to run that long and look cute while doing it. Gooooood job Girls!!

Cher said...

you crack me up, really bad. love your comments, esepcially about her legs and your eating. lindz really is amazing though.

Spackman's said...

I love reading your blog! I have met you before but it was a while ago :) I went to school with Jobes and Austin. Seriously though your posts are so cute! 26 miles is amazing! Are you kidding me?!? I could never do that. Anyway I just wanted you to know how cute your blog is!!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! When I ran a half-marathon a million dollars couldn't have made me run ANOTHER 13 miles. Way to go Lindsay...and you of course. You ran what like a mile with her?!!:)

PS Chase told me about sick Austin...is he okay? I hope so!

Jen said...

WOW i didn't know she ran another one! go lindsay!!! Haha you ate like you ran 26 miles, that's hilarious.