6.28.2009

sin city

I have been moping around today. Actually, I have been moping around this ENTIRE past week. Lets be honest, I will probably be moping around for the next 16 months :(
This last weekend, I went with my mom and dad to drop Lindz and Bran off at their new home in Vegas. It's a really nice place and all, but it was sad. I am sad. I don't like goodbyes. I'm not kinda lie...I mostly just wish she wasn't accepted to P.A. school. I know....selfish. I don't really know what I'm going to do without her. Who am I going to hang out with when Austin is out with the boys?
Who is going to study with me at the rec center...like every day?
Who's going to go to share a large salad with me at Zupas?
Who's going to force Austin to go hot tubbing?
Whose house is going to be the hang out house and throw the Sea Food Party and Halloween Party?
Who are we going to car pool with to all the family stuff?
Austin said he would take care of me while she's gone, but then he found out that meant no more golfing or basketball with the boys. I know.... me being selfish again. Okay, so I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up. I realize I'm being a baby, considering we have it planned so that we can see each other almost every month, but that seems like a really long time considering how much time we spend together.
I didn't take very many pictures of dropping them off, but here they are--
Here's Brandon driving the Penske. Haha all you can see is his peace sign. He drove by himself the whole way poor guy.
Lindz and I stopped at Barnes & Noble on the way. I saw the prievews for this movie last week, and I have been dying to read the book ever since. Side note here: It's called The Time Travelers Wife. It's the new movie coming out with Rachel McAdams, whom I love. It's the best book. I read it in 36 hours. LOVED, but as a warning - it is a little sad, and it does have some naughtiness. We also got Twilight on CD to listen on the way down there. Lindz really wants to see the movie, but she wanted to read the book first and doesn't really have any time. Sooo we listened to it the whole way down there. It's 12 hours long, so we only got about half way through. She says she will listen to it while commuting to school every day.
We visited Lindsay's new school - Touro University. It was closed for the sabbath on Saturday (It's a Jewish school), so we couldn't really take a tour of it. Sadly, this is the only picture I got of their new apartment, but it's super duper nice, and it has a sweet pool, which makes me jealous. It was SOOOOO hot while we were down there!! It was a fun last vaca, but a sad last vaca. Goodbye my sister.

16 comments:

jayni & ben said...

I would die if Jobi moved away. She has been gone for the last week and I am dying to see her. You poor thing. I feel for ya.

Adam & Alissa said...

The answer to all those questions is ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!! I will play with you when the boys do all their hobbies and I will lay out and eat salad and mambas with you:) I know it still just isn't the same! So sad! We will miss cute Linds and Brand! We will have to go to Vegas for the Halloween and Valentines party! That would be fun! Also, as soon as July is over Adam will be jobless and we can road trip it down to Vegas all the time!

Ashley said...

I would also like to offer my services at any moment. Our husbands do love to hang out with each other and we can hang out during their little halo times :) P.S. We need to get together THIS weekend. You, Me, Peter, Austin, Owen....Chili's..how do you feel about that?

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

I still can't believe they are gone! We will deffinately miss them. I too am here for ya Ang! Call me anytime to hang out. We better still hang out! Luckily it's only a few hours away. Hang in there:)

CharLee Carn said...

I'm sad to hear that Lindz is gone! But she isn't too far away....and hey just another good excuse to make a road trip right? But know when I get back were playing a whole lot, no matter what because Jeff and I miss our Austin and Ange! So no need to be sad!!! We'll be home soon!! Love you guys!

Cher said...

that does look like a nice apartment. kitchens say A LOT about the place. the time will probably go by faster than you're expecting it too. :)

Bianca said...

aw I miss them too! I feel like they weren't really moving until they moved!! well i am in favor of maintaining any hangouts while they are gone and then back to normal when they get back! 16 onths will fly by. cool you got to see their apartment and new school. i'm ready to get down for a visit any time...

Cedar, Chris & Annistyn said...

Oh this was the saddest post EVER! It's ok me and Dani haven't lived in the same city for 3 years but we still see eachother a ton...you'll just have to plan a lot of Road Trips!

Aly said...

Of course I remember you! Plus I LOVE the Ingersolls. Best neighbors ever! I'm at my parents house a ton and the Ingersolls are practically across the street. I'm surprised we haven't run into each other yet. I'll keep an eye out for you from now on. Cindy was my YW pres for a long time. And then Ari and I were good friend in YW too. Funnest family! You are a lucky girl to marry into that. I'm glad that we can keep up with each other now. Sounds like you and Austin are having a lot of fun. Enjoy it! Hope to see you soon!

Jen said...

Oh sad! I hate being away from sisters. it's the worst! At least you can get a good road trip now and then out of all of this, right?

Nate and Paige said...

sad day my friend. There is no one like your sisters and it is VERY hard being away. But 6 hours is not to bad just keep to your scheduled visit because before you know it you haven't seen your sisters since Christmas.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Aw Ange, I miss you too! What am I going to do without YOU? It's already going by fast-I'll already be back on the 17! I can't wait. I'm so glad you came down with Mom and Dad. Thanks again for all your help! You're the best, love you!

Ann said...

That is so funny that she is going to that school. i am in vegas visiting my brother right now and i was reading that it is a jewish school. Sure enough it is the same school my brother goes to. he just finished his first year in med school

Heather Lee said...

oh that is sad, I remember when that happened to me. But so far it has been permanent (my sister still lives in California)...when she moved I flew the coupe (bc I was single and could do that) It was too hard for me to get left behind...it felt like a ghostown. Buuuut good news, I'm a stay at home mom who would love to mix in a salad every once and a while. Call me!

Heather Lee said...

oh..and where was I reading that you are getting baby hungry??? Do it, then we really can hang out all the time. Plus, why do you say you hate your right eye? There is nothing wrong with it.

Val Murphy said...

Aw man, I feel for you too! Britt might move at the end of the summer and it makes me so sad. Just wait til you have cute babies that leave too...but LV isnt too far away, right?! It will be a fun place to go visit too! Hang in there :)