We went to Hogle Zoo this weekend. Austin has been dying to see the Madagascar exhibit, so we went with my nieces, my sisters - Er & Chel, and my mom. Austin loved it, except they spelt Fosa wrong (according to the Madagascar pro, there are no double SS in Malagasy. DUH Hogle Zoo!).This first picture is the Fosa - the only preditor in Madagascar. I was surprised how big it was. It looks like a sick giant rat. They also showed the giant cockroaches, the turtles with the cool shells, and of course the lemurs.
It was a good zoo day. All of the animals were out playing - the penguins got in the water (so cute!). The black bear even got in the water for a second. The gorilla, leopard, and rhinos were all right next to the glass. Oh and the tiger was growling too. I've already been to the zoo twice this summer, and I'll probably go back when Miss Elephant has here babe. I'm almost zooed out.
Of course the kiddos had to ride the carousel.
Ash even let me take a picture of her smiling! It was a Hogle Zoo MIRACLE!
Sorry, this post is a little messed up and boring, but it's Sunday - and I'm too lazy to fix it.. ok?


6 comments:
That is so fun that you guys went to the Hogle Zoo! I don't even remember the last time I went to that! Thats way fun that they had a Madagascar exhibit! I bet he loved that! :) It looks like you guys are having a good summer without us :( ha ha not for long though! We miss you and can't wait to see you guys again!
P.s. Where do you do your picture collages? I like how you can click on them and they expand so you can see the pictures better! Mine doesn't do that and its driving me NUTS!!!
sick! giant cockroaches is one of my worst fears! looks like it was fun!
Looks like fun! Tyson loves the zoo...I'm still warming up to it though :) I liked the picture arrangement/post....so don't worry about having a lazy sunday.
I have been wanting to go to the Hogle Zoo for a while now too! But Jordan hates zoos, he says it is sad for him to see all the animals cooped up. haha Silly boy.
How fun! I haven't been to the zoo since I was little. We need to get together soon! You should show me sometime how you did that picture montage on your blog at the very top. Way cute!
Looks like fun! I need to take my kids to the zoo. We need to get together sometime, we miss you at Wednesday lunch. We will see you on the trek though!!yeah!
Post a Comment