7.13.2009

A Fantastic 4th

The fourth of July is the best holiday. There are lots of free activities, hot weather, lots of family time, good American barbeques, watermelon, sweaty parades, awwww love it!
Usually we spend the fourth with Austin's family cause mine goes to Nebraska every year, but my family was in town this year so we went with them to the Evergreen parade up in Salt Lake. My parents used to take us kids every year when we were little, but we haven't been for at least ten years. We would always go to the parade, stay at the carnival, then eat watermelon and cherries off the cherry tree, and have birthday cake at grandma and grandpa Hansen's house.
I just found some pictures of us as kids going to the parade and carnival when we were little, so here are some flashback pics...just for fun! .
Me and Lindzer eatin our sno cones- I was probably 4 and Lindz was about 6. For some reason I laugh my head off every time I see a picture of Lindz when she was a kid. She was such a spazzzzzz and she makes the funniest faces.
Cousin Jen, Me, Lindz, and I think that's Laura hahahah please check out Lindsay's sunglasses (Not to mention her bangs and teeth haha...... sorry Lindz, although she is probably too busy to read this anyway! Oh and I painted that shirt I am wearing haha love it. And of course I'm the one holding the cotton candy bag. Some things never change.) Matt, Me, Lindz, and our cousin Cher - this was probably the last time we went until now. Matt is such a cutie. Where Er and Chel are in all my pictures...I don't know? Anyway flash forward ten years. Me and Ash before the parade. This is an awesome shot of my re-growth, but nothing is cuter than kids in sunglasses! Ash and Grace loved the parade, of course. Look at those cute pig tail braids. Gracie makes really cool faces, and her hair that she shaved off is finally starting to grow back after 6 months..hooray. We went to the carnival afterwards, and the kiddos played on the JUMP ON IT. Gotta love carnivals -$3 for 2 minutes PSHHHH. Auntie Erie with Gracie Girl and that cool man in the back.


This game used to be my favorite....
Michelle seriously stood in a ten hour line for the girls to get their faces painted. By the end of that, I was soooo done. I swear I'm going to be the worst mom. I was complaining more than the kids.
But look how cute they look....
MMM mmm love these two
That night we went with the whole Ingersoll family. We had a BBQ and watched the Thanksgiving Point Fireworks, which by the way took us another ten hours to get home. Awesome. Me and my BF (as in boyfriend)...yep. His name is Fisher, and he loves me more than Austin.
Austin and Crew - he was scared, poor guy.
This is just typical of what it is like to hang out with the family. Austin is always swarmed with kids, and I have to fight them for his attention(literally). Austin was the ringleader of the gang and egged them all on to scream "potty words" and "your momma's so fat" jokes. It lasted about an hour. Uh huh.
Check out Bowen laughing his head off. There's no holiday better than the fourth.
I'm kinda sad it's over.

13 comments:

west's said...

Umm...your little niece looks exactly like your pictures when you were little. I was like why is she in a picture that looks like from the 90's that is so funny. I love that last picture of you guys with the firework in the back. So we haven't talked forever. I'm coming up in a couple weeks to stay for like 10 days. So please let's play.

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

Those flash back pics are hilarious!! Loved them. I love the fourth too it's such a fun and happy holiday. Looks like you guys had a good time!

The Chase's said...

You both look the same! Gorgeouse!! I love all your fourth of July pictures. We need to get together, I need someone to talk to about the bachelorette.(I kind of like Reed? and was sad to see him go. What about you and Austin?)

Jobi Niu said...

hahahahahhahahha those flash back pictures are hilarious. SO CUTE! I worship the 4th of July too, so sad it's over.. How cute are your nieces??

Michelle said...

I love that you posted those pics from when we were kids! But seriously -- where was I?! But we had lots of fun hanging out - thanks for taking all the awesome pics! The only bad thing is - you're never in any of them!!

CharLee Carn said...

I love those pictures of you and lindz when you guys were younger ha! So cute! You look just the same when your little! :) I love the fourth of July too...even though I haven't had the parade, family, bbq's the WHOLE time I've been married!!!! Hopefully that changes for us for next summer!!!:)

CharLee Carn said...

P.S. I love your new font for your date and titles!! Did you get them off of the website that I found? Or another one? I love it! It spices our blogs up with cute different fonts! So fun! :)

Tasty Tidbits said...

Those old pictures were fun to look through. I barely remember you guys at that age haha. We just weren't around enough living in CA! Oh well. Looks like you had a fun 4th!

Val Murphy said...

That last picture of you and Austin turned out PERFECT! Lovely seeing you guys the other day!

Staci Davies said...

Loved to see you as a kid, so cute. That fishing game was my favorite too! Don't be sad it's over, still have the 24th and many more to come :)

Adam and Jamie said...

I am loving those old pictures! Lindsey does look a lot different now, but you still look the same! You were that dark even when you were little, its crazy.

Cher said...

love the old pics, those were great!

The DeVries said...

Um so pretty much... you made your comment about dying laughing every time you see a pic of linz when she was young... and I was dying laughing out loud looking at each picture. Then I would stop and scroll down to the next and start cracking up again. So many good times and hilarious memories of LINZ! My how she turned out good!