10.01.2009

strawberry

This weekend I went with my family to Strawberry to catch me some fishies. Austin couldn't come because he was playing in a golf tournament - hence the picture below with all his fellow golfers.

We went up Friday afternoon and spent the night in a lodge instead of roughin it- soooo much better than sleeping in a tent.....seriously.
It was fun having a sleepover with my cute nieces & fam. The next morning we got on the lake bright and early. It was FREEEEEEEEEEEEZING!!! So glad I didn't have sleep outside. It looks nice, but it was cold, especially while the boat was going.
My little brother is a stud
I am almost awake...
Grandpa let Ashley drive the boat.
My mamma catching her fish .... woot woot Grandpa helping Ash catch one
Coooky Gracie... she was smashing her head like this all day long.
The dumb boat people didn't give us a net, so we had to pull the fish out the old fashioned way. Look at this poor fishie. I couldn't watch them pull the hook out. It's sooo sad. His eyes look like they are going to pop out
Soooo funny. Ash and Grace were so excited to catch fish at first, but then one of the fish flopped out of Matt's hands at headed straight for Gracie and Ashley. They FREAKED out, and started crying. They saw the gills and were freaking out that it was bleeding. Ashley said, "Grandpa don't take me fishing ever again!" By the end of the day, they relaxed again. Ashley would tell Gracie "Just don't look at it!"

My dad in his cute fishing vest and 2 sets of glasses....hehe
the girls just being cute... We kept catching cut throat and had to throw them back. We threw back A TON!! Ashley kept saying "Oh dang it - its a cut throat!"
Chel was the rainbow trout queen. She caught our 2 biggest out of the 4 we got to keep.
Hello little family.
I finally caught one after everyone else .... shocker. Last time we went, I never caught one - so I was super happy! We had to throw mine back though.
Here we are.... us fisherman.
Also while I was gone...... this little gem was brought into the world. Meet our fourth niece, Alivia.
Look at this cute family of five!!! Holy cow!

5 comments:

Adam & Alissa said...

Your pictures look so good! Do you love your new lens? I need to use my camera more, I always forget it and keep using my crappy one!

PS I wish so bad I could say "Aloha" instead of "Burr its cold out here- there must be a rebel in the atmosphere!" Hawaii was the best trip ever. We need to go on another trip ASAP! Before my skin is completely transparent!!!!!!

Cher said...

ha ha, that pic of gracie smashing her face is awesome. and those two little girls just crack me up

Travis and Courtney said...

I vote you have the cutest blog ever. I love reading your comments-you crack me up! Anywho- I haven't seen you in a while... but it looks like you're doing great! I miss ya and hope to see you soon! =)

jayni & ben said...

You are sooo cute. I love your pictures. I would like to fish but I could NEVER touch a fish. hahaha Austin is cute too. I love when you update your blog.

Anonymous said...

So cute! We haven't seen you guys FOREVER! Your trip looks fun. I went with my family on a trip this summer and Chase couldn't come and it felt kinda weird to be there all alone!! I'm with Jayni on the fish touching. EWWWW! When I saw those pictures I was like, "There is no chance I would ever touch a fish!!"