Her first tooth popped up without too much fuss. She slept kinda bad for 2 nights, and then a tooth was just randomly there. Her second tooth has been a nightmare!!! Ahhh..... she slept so bad for like a week and just cried ALL DAY long. She also got a high fever. I thought she was getting sick but it only lasted 2 days with no other symptoms. This girl always fevers high! One night I stayed up with her until 2:00 AM and could not get her to stop crying. She's never done that before! I tried everything. I let her watch baby einsteins, fed her, tried just letting her be. Nothing worked. Finally, I turned the dryer on and walked up and down the hall with her for about an hour and that finally worked. That was fun. The next night she woke up every hour crying. The next night she woke up at 2:30 with an hour meltdown. Aw man. I'm hoping her next few teeth come in a bit easier! I can finally see the tooth when I look close. It is nice to finally have my little, happy baby back. She seriously screamed at me a lot, and I have to admit....I was kinda scared of her.
This girl is active. active. active. Holy moly....she's a wiggle worm, crazy person. She isn't a fan of snuggling anymore :( sad for her parents. She doesn't really like to be held period now that she can crawl. Sad but fun. She's always following me around the house during the day, and she's always right under my feet!!! She still loves toys, but gets sick of them too dang fast. I'm running out of new things to give her in a short amount of time! She's into everything and I have to watch her 24-7!!! She absolutely hates getting her diaper changed and getting her clothes changed. She thinks I'm torturing her, but she does pretty good if I distract her with a song.....usually the wheels on the bus, but I have to sing it as fast as I can or she gets bored.
She's a screamer. She's either screaming with joy or screaming with annoy. She's also a talker, but probably screams more than she jabbers. She says mama, dada, mom, and lots of fffffffff and bbbbbb making noises.
She stopped nursing right at her 8 month mark. Sad day for a mama. I am still pumping and bottle feeding, which is a pain in the bum, but I really want to keep giving her breast milk until at least her 1 year mark. We will see how that goes. She started biting me (TMI?), and then when I would make her stop and tell her no no...she would cry and cry and wouldn't eat again. Once I would get her to start eating again, we'd just repeat the process. She likes bottles way more right now cause she can still look around and see what's going on around her. I'm hoping she'll eat more this way cause I swear she wouldn't eat more than 2 minutes. Warming up bottles/keeping them cold and trying to take them on the go is SO hard. Props to you mama's who've been doing that. It ain't easy, and at the moment my whole diaper bag smells like rotten milk because 8 oz leaked out everywhere. Oh botha. Although this is a pain, it's also nice to have a little bit of freedom and help feeding her. I think this means a babysitter is in the near future :)
She's also liking solids a lot more but she's kinda high maintenance and will only eat if she has a toy to play with. She throws her toy on the ground and won't take another bite until I pick it up. I think she thinks it's a game, or she just likes torturing me? I kneel in front of her and give her a bite, then she throws her toy, then I pick up her toy and give her another bite, and then the process starts over again. Naughty. I think she knows that I will give her whatever she wants whenever she wants. She owns us. What a keeper.
Poor little girl got so sick on her first Superbowl Sunday. We left Ingersolls to go to the instacare, and they told us she had an ear infection. She could not keep the medicine down and kept throwing up, so I went in to see Linds on Monday morning. She looked at her ears and said they look fine, so I stopped giving her the medicine, and a couple days later she got another tooth! This girl gets soo sick teething and fevers so high, it's crazy!
Poor little girl got so sick on her first Superbowl Sunday. We left Ingersolls to go to the instacare, and they told us she had an ear infection. She could not keep the medicine down and kept throwing up, so I went in to see Linds on Monday morning. She looked at her ears and said they look fine, so I stopped giving her the medicine, and a couple days later she got another tooth! This girl gets soo sick teething and fevers so high, it's crazy!






1 comment:
Teething is the worst! Too bad it lasts forever :(
Hopefully soon we'll manage to find a day when we can hang out!
Post a Comment