10.12.2008

Aloha!


Yes, we are in Hawaii!!! Our first couple of days have been awesome, of course. Who doesn't have an awesome time in Hawaii? We're here visiting Grandma and Grandpa Ingersoll with Austin's brother, Adam, his wife, Alissa, Austin's uncle, Jason, and cousin Grant (Hopefully Monica, Bowen and Kacee come tomorrow.....or soon!!! We are really missing them!) The 9 hour flight (Including our flight to Denver and then to Hawaii) was kind of a drag, but other than that...it's off to a good start. We got here at about 3:30 PM yesterday. Grandma and Grandpa Ingersoll were waiting for us with necklaces and big kisses :) It is sooo fun to see them and hang out with them. Did I mention they're the funniest/cutest little couple of grandparents ever? We're having so much fun. Last night we didn't do much. We went to dinner at a little Chinese place. Hawaiian Chinese places are not good, but then again - Chinese places are never good, RIGHT? We got to our hotel last night at about nine, but Utah time about 1 so we were pooped. We're staying on the North Shore at Turtle Bay, which is amazing and gorgeous and everything cool. Today we crossed a few things off our "to do list". We went to Matsumoto's, which is a very famous snow cone place that we have heard much about. It was very refreshing.... we'll probably be there about a dozen times within the next week.
Aust, Me, Alissa, and Adam
Grandma Ingersoll, Grant, Jason, Aust, Adam, and Alissa
Then, we went to the Polynesian Culture Center, which was soooo fun. I actually wasn't too psyched about it at first, but I am so glad I went. We started off with a little canoe trip to see everything.....

Then, they had a canoe parade where they went through all the different islands. The people did dances are stuff...... those girls can freaking shake it. I love it!! The boys were liking it a little too much I think....

Hawaii

Tonga

Tahiti

Fiji

Samoa

New Zealand
After the parade, we stopped at each of the different island spots for some more performances and shows...This is Alissa and I with our new Samoan boy toy.
This is the cute lil 12 year old Samoan coconut tree climber
Some kid of Poly dancin with fire. H.O.T.
And.....a few other random pics....

We got some new awesome tats......
You might not be recognizing Adam when he gets back. He turned into a New Zealand Warrior.
My husband is so tough. DON'T MESS
We didn't stay for the night show because we're getting too old for all this crazy stuff. We'll probably go there on Monday night. We went hot tubbin instead. Austin actually likes to go on vacations....YES! I will be taking advantage of it....
Soooo.... this is the end of the beginning of our trip to Hawaii. We're here this whole week so I'll be posting some more pics of our adventures.... get excited...get get excited - yeah.

17 comments:

McKenzie... said...

Are you kidding me??? That is so so NOT fair. Get your little butt back to Utah so you can FREEZE like me!:) I am so jealous you are in Hawaii! One day Jesse and I will make it there. I'm excited to check out your posts through out the week. Have a blast!

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

How fun Ang!! I'm so jealous you're in Hawaii right now. It's snowing right now her in P.G. It looks like you guys are having a blast. Think about us here in Utah while you're out on the beach in the sun and were freezing here!!

Julie Winder said...

I can't believe that is were you are while I am here freezing in saint george. Andrea, you are never going to want kids...you and Austin are having way too much fun. Good for you. Ok, and your skin looks gorgeous in Hawaii makes me want to live in a more tropical Paradise...Have fun!

Meghan said...

Hey Ang I just wanted to say hello! I am so freakin jealous that you are in Hawaii. It is miserable here. You asked if I am still with Jordan... yes! It's going really good. We are planning on getting married but probably not anytime soon. We are both just working and trying to get through school. And yes I would have to say my favorite memories of you is when we would have sleepovers on your floor. That was our favorite thing! We would always go to Albertsons and go to the RedBox and get treats. Oh and remember when I had to make a pasta salad for a shower? I think it was Hayleys. I was so stressed out. I remember when I got to ur house you guys had gone and bought all of the ingredients that I needed. You guys are so sweet! I miss you. Maybe you and I should just go do something sometime! Have so much fun in Hawaii.... Talk to you soon.

Mark and Mel said...

Flip, you are really in Hawaii! I'm so jealous! It looks beautiful and fun! Have a great time!

P.S.--Love the blog background!

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Awww I'm so jealous you're in Hawaii! I can't believe you're in summer clothes-- it's SO freaking cold here! Looks like SO much fun though. It's such a nice break for you guys from work and school! Just live it up!

p.s. I love the pic with you guys and your "serious faces" Lets be straight...you don't have a very good serious face! ha ha

Katie Lane said...

jealous

Jobi Niu said...

I'm SOOOOO JEALOUS!! HOW FREAKING FUN! I couldn't miss Grandma and Grandpa more..
The PCC is SOOOOOO tight! Gotta love the BROWN BOYS! he he
CUTE PICS! Love you guys. HAve fun!

cherilyn said...

wow, i'm jealous too. looks so fun!

Brandon and Lindsay said...

um...K...so when are you going to post again? I'm waiting...

The Chase's said...

How fun! I didn't even know you guys were going What a good aunt. We missed you at Monday lunch though!love ya

Lauren said...

ummm, thanks for inviting us?!?!?!? I am so jealous! Give Grandpa and Grandma big hugs and kisses from us and tell them we miss them! Have lots of fun and keep posting cute pics!

CharLee Carn said...

Are you serious? How fun is that? Hawaii is the best! And yes those snow cones there are fabulous! Have so much fun! When you get back we need to go out! :)

Michelle said...

Hey we miss you - hurry home!

Michelle said...

PS I'm so stinkin jealous! It looks like you're having fun! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Lauren said...

I was totally kidding andrea!!! There is pretty much no way would could have gone. I'm just jealous and thought I'd make you feel a little guilty for having fun without us. I guess it worked? :)

Brandon and Lindsay said...

So let me just ask the question you know I'm thinking...how tan are you??