6.24.2010

maine {the good life}


This last week we went to the lovely state...MAINE!
HOT DOG....  it's pretty there...like really pretty!

First Stop.... Nubble Lighthouse
Maine is known for their many lighthouses. Lighthouses are cool.
Seriously....when we left Boston it was hot as Haite, but when we got to Maine....not so hot anymore.... apparently that's just how Maine is??!! Hmm...would have been good to know. It was super chilly and windy!! (I know, you can't tell in this pic)
We just hung out there for a while. We woke up so early to go, Austin and I laid down and fell asleep!!!! Right in the middle of a million people touring. I usually don't do that BUT it felt goooood. I am turning into a true blue Ingersoll!

Here's the gang... this nutty lady took our pic. She loved to tell us ALL about Maine!!!!!!!!!!!



 We took a drive on Shore Street all the way along the coast, and it was BEAUTIFUL!!


yeah..
We searched for sea creatures... Look at this poor little crab the boys were harassing.



oh, hey steve
....we found a hundred million starfish....so neat! The water is clear blue.

...and the rocks were COVERED in moss. So slippery. Lucky for me....I had all those boys to help me get around..... while Austin video taped me. Awesome. Ohhh we bought a video camera out here...Austin loves it, and it video taping everything!!!!!!

Awww so fun!

Next stop... FOX'S for some Lobstah!!!!!!!!!

You can't go to Maine without eating a Lobstah right?

...a little nervous about our first lobstah experience

Seriously everyone was watching us eat because none of us even knew where to start. Cam coachedus.

It It was sooo messy!! Seriously...I had to idea how to eat this guy. Then when the green liver started coming out I about died. Looked like poop...green poop. I still ate it..not the poop, the lobstah. Amazing (and sick), I know. I think next time I will just get the meat!

All the guts (not really guts)

Last stop.....YORK BEACH!!!

They have great beaches. Too bad it wasn't HOT. It was actually thundering pretty bad and sooo muggy. you could barely see right infront of you. It was weird!!

The boys played some frisbee, and I bathed in the not-so-sun.
How great is this pic? Love the subject...mostly.
......and Austin loves this pic.

Afterwards...we went and got some ice cream across the street. The best ice cream place ever. We all got flavor burst ice cream cones. Too hard to explain...but YUMMY. Of course Austin got Cotton Candy....that is the only favor he really LOVES. I don't get it...cotton candy cupcakes... cotton candy ice cream....COTTON CANDY EVERYTHING!!

Mmmm...what a great day!!!

7 comments:

Hayley said...

I've always wanted to go to Maine! Looks so beautiful!!

Jobi Niu said...

I love it how it's you with all the guys :] YOu're gorgeous as always. SO IS MAINE! WOW. BEAUTIFUL. I'd NEVER eat lobster.. ewwwww! Enoch loves it. That last picture of Austin.. LooooVE! Not only because I worship Mt. Dew. But he could totally advertise MT. Dew. haha. Can't wait to see you!!

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

I'm loving seeing all of the adventures you guys have been going on. Looks like you guys are having a blast! I'm not sure I could eat a whole lobster like that, way to be daring! Miss you guys!

The Chase's said...

That is awesome! I loved your picture of the lighthouse. They are so cool. I can't wait to see Austin's videos. You guys are as cute as ever!

Jes said...

How fun! I love Nubble light house! Maine seriously is so pretty and I remember it being freezing when I went there too. I think we even ate at that same restaurant! Your Bwahstin accent is getting much betta! haha!

Cher said...

still jealous that you're exploring new places. and your pictures are awesome. love the last 2

Val Murphy said...

Let's just say I am jealous you got to go to Maine, and your pictures...amazing (as always)! I'm with Jobi...my in-laws love seafood, especially lobster, but I always the one with the cheeseburger when we eat somewhere like that.