Last week APX took us deep sea fishing off the coast of Gloucester (the place where Perfect Storm was filmed). We woke up bright and early...and I mean early.... 6 AM (ugh)!! I had to take a moment to un-grouch myself after getting 3 hours of sleep (and maybe a little because of austin telling me we were leaving later than we actually were). Sorry, I didn't get like any good pictures.
Anyway.....this is what Gloucester looks like...
...so we got on the boat and headed out to sea. It was not warm (surprise surprise). I froze to death with my jacket ON. It was sooo muggy and misty. It reminded me of Truman Show because it looked like there was just a white sheet right in front of us the whole time. Does that make any sense? Just like we were going to fall off the ocean.
These two entertained us reenacting titanic and rapping...
Getting started...all excited! Ps - the poles are SOOO heavy.
Pretty sure we were the only ones on the boat who needed professional help. We had no idea what we were doing. You drop your line all the way to the bottom of the ocean (about 200 feet) and reel up a little bit. It always feels like you have a fish because the weight is so heavy. In the first 30 seconds, Austin said, "I have one!" I didn't believe him but sure enough he had a nice little cod. He was the first one on the boat to catch anything, but it was too small to keep. After that, we thought we were going to catch A TON of fish... ummm NO!
......more like we caught a million Sand Sharks. We couldn't get a fish for the life of us!!!
(honestly, I didn't get a shark either... I didn't catch nothing :( but everyone else caught them over and over)
THEY WERE SOOOO BIG and SCARY!
Austin brought us Swedish Fish in case we didn't catch anything, and they were a hit. At one point the boys even tried to bait with them? Boys.

Pretty much...It was fun to experience once, but we were happy we didn't pay $45 a ticket because none of us caught anything, we had to wake up at the crack of dawn, and it was freezing! The best part was Chipotle afterwards and our LONG LONG nap.
PS - Now the boys call Austin Biebs (Justin Bieber) I think he is getting ready to buzz his head.








2 comments:
haha. i am loving all your post. they make me laugh. Austin seriously cracks me up. i love they call him biebs. LOL.
So fun! NOT! Cold, early, and fish smells... not a good combo:) Love it! P.S. I never really asked if you liked your hair... sorry, what a terrible stylist I am! Hopefully you do, cause I'm quite far from ya now....
Post a Comment