7.27.2010

bowlin' new england style

hi there.
we are alive and well.
why do i feel like i haven't blogged forever? i don't know.

but....things are a little different here.
Austin's working in Connecticut, which means i am a lonely wifey
he stays in a hotel there Monday - Saturday
so now i love Sundays even more!! (obviously)
please bless the next 8 weeks go by fast
can you believe we still have 8 weeks? I know!

for me, this means lots of slumber parties with Char.
*talking
*late night giggling
*movies movies movies
*popcorn - tootsies - ice cream
*pool
*and blogging
(just nothing to blog about)

poor Austin is out working all day and i am reliving 9th grade summer
no responsibility at all
lucky, i know.
the days all run together

anyway...
i have some old photos here from when we first got here
i forgot about them
here in Boston they do bowling a little bit different..
it's called candlepin bowling

the difference?


-3 balls a frame



-smaller balls


-straight narrow pins


-no clearing of the fallen pins between balls


it's hard....

the mister wants to study how to master the concept of candlepin bowling

Do you think he won or lost?
Shucks...
again by just a few pins...Arianne has cursed him :)

i even got in a little gambling at the alley
no....no luck
i hate losing money...even $2
when we first got out here.... Austin was obsessed with these stupid cards.
i'm so happy he got over that

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Its like you need a passport to go there.... What the weird? Thats unreal. I'm still gagging about the lobster fest you had a while back:) Sorry you have to relive 9th grade summer.... yuck:)

Justin & Kristi said...

I miss you, cant believe 8 more weeks left. Wish I was relieving 9th grade summer with you or are senior year that was probably our best! ;)

Heather Lee said...

that's a pretty little photo of you blowing your money...at least you looked cute doing it right? That's what I think when Holland is naughty.
You naughty little thing. That's what I was saying when I saw that photo of you riding your bike with the wind blowing your hair all over the place. Not to mention your pose...
Looks like you guys are having a "little ball"
had to do it.

jayni & ben said...

ben and his brother have been talking about making a place where you can bowl with little balls and smaller pins. maybe austin and ben can be partners and start it up?! haha