5.17.2010

A day date

I got lucky one day and got to hang out with this stranger.....


...so I took a hundred pictures of him
Notice his tshirt? Just had to buy it....I guess we are BIG Red Sox fans now.

PS- those pictures are taken at the oldest public park in America. It's just like a movie. Real dog walkers, and joggers, and people just sitting on the bench reading. I love it!

We walked around the city and went to this OLD and heck cemetary. I seriously can't believe how old it is. Cool huh? Creepy if it was night though.

Ben Franklin's parents are buried there....


and Paul Revere

...and Mr Samuel Adams (this is his monument not the actual grave, which I didn't get a pic of)

I just couldn't believe how old it was. I've never seen anything like it. Look at the wording! Nuts. Lots of them you can't even read because the words are so faded.


...and we went to the "gardens". They have this cute little lake that they peddle you around it. Don't worry that my eyes are shut. It's Austin's fault.


I didn't take near enough pictures of our day date.

SIDE NOTE: I have been to the city 4 times now, and kinda ready to take a little break haha! It's such an effort to get there!!!! Driving (OH THE DRIVING!!!), and parking, and paying, and WALKING, and finding the subway, and then more DRIVING. wow!!!

We also went to Quincy Market to eat lunch. Everyone got their famous Clam Chowder, but we chose Mexican food instead, of course.

 I am seriously, seriously missing good food (and it's only been 2 weeks) like Cafe Rio, Bajio, Noodles and Co, Rumbi. You can't find ANY places like that around here. Just your usual fast food spots (which I am NOT a fan of), old cafe's (which are pretty ghetto), and expensive Boston Restraunts (which we can't afford), so as of late - I cook. Imagine that.

Tomorrow I start my first week of a full time job. Ah, I know. I got a job that I am really excited about at a really nice day spa/hair salon. They do everything from nails, massages, hair, botox, waxing, and make-up. I work Tuesday - Saturday 40 hours a week. It's during the times Austin is at work though, so I am happy. I was worried about having to work in the mornings and then REALLY never getting to see him.

 I had my first day on Friday, and the girls are so fun! They think I'm the craziest person alive to get married and 19 and not drink coffee. They've pretty much asked me every question in the book. I get a kick out of it.

Oh, I am already counting down to August when my family is coming to visit cause my list of things to do just keeps getting longer and longer. I can't wait for them to see it here!!! 

Austin and I are so glad we came. We won't ever forget this!!!

9 comments:

Jon and Julie Melton said...

I love the pictures Andrea. Austin looks so cute in his Boston Red Sox shirt! Miss you guys, and sure love you. Aunt Julie

Jonny said...

Isn't it so crazy that the cemetery is right in the middle of the city? I am so jealous and wish we were there right now. We are still hoping to come out and visit in August!

-Lindsay

Brandon and Lindsay said...

How fun! Hope we can come visit sometime too :) Love ya love ya

CharLee Carn said...

I'm soooooooo happy you guys are out here with us!!! It will make the summer that much better!!! Now all we need is the hot hot sun so we can have a REAL summer here in Boston ha ha! Hopefully soon!

P.s. I'm right with ya with the DRIVING you know its just the best when we actually find the T and of course there is either the ghetooest parking spot or there isn't one at all!!! Ahh! No more driving for two hours to find the T ha ha we'll just stick with Alewife or should I say Al-wifey (how I pronouce it) ha ha ha! Love ya! (:

The Chase's said...

What a cute day date! It looks like fun over there, but we do miss you here. Don't forget the bachelorette starts next week. Will you be back for the finale?? Its tradition you know:)

The Robinson's said...

Such fun pics!! Looks like a blast

Adam & Alissa said...

I hope you aren't reading this until tomorrow because- you know why :) wink wink Umm... Can I have your cardi? Just have Austy or some big dude stretch it out for me. You have my address! PS Bought the Eclipse tickets!!!!! Hope you can make it :) "I miss you like crazy, I miss you like crazy. No matter what I do or say every hour of every day"

jayni & ben said...

i love that you update your blog with all the cool stuff you see and do. Makes me happy you guys are having a good time.I miss you though. I keep thinking when I go to grandma's I will see you there. Butttt you are NEVER there :( SUre love you guys.

Michelle said...

Boston has some amazing sights! I love that everything is so old! It's awesome!!!