5.12.2010

Downtown Boston

Trudi, Char, and I went to downtown Boston last week. 

Next time will go much smoother I'm sure. We pretty much were just lost little soles, but it's okay.

First, it took us a couple hours to find the METRO (subway...or whatever), but don't worry - we eventually found it!






Then we got off at the wrong exit and it was freaking GHETTO and SCARY! I got freaked out!! I was clutching my purse soo tight and just thinking every one was a gang member and going to shoot me.

Plus. we stood out in the crowd so bad. Everyone was staring at us cause we were young, married, modest, and had a baby. It was so funny. All the people just love little Nixon.

We finally made it to the good tourist area in Boston after walking around for a while...


We went shopping at Urban Outfitters, and it was just lovely as usual.

We were starving to death, so we stopped to eat at Cheers!
Nixon was our entertainment. Such a cutie.


Cheers!!! (can you even read my glass?)
I love the people's accents here - it's so funny. They say clam chowda and two dolla. We get a kick out of it, and whenever I tell people I'm from Utah, they just want to know ALL about it.

Of course you see stuff like this in the city. Char got a little too excited to bring those home for Jeff. Just Kidding!

Trudi, Nixon, and I

Mr. Samuel Adams

We went to the spot where the street dancers go and this freaking CRAZY lady was there dancing. She was seriously nuts. She kept pulling up her shirt and letting her rolls hang out bluh!! Then she put a hat down on the ground for money, and she was just awful!!!!!!! The real street dancers kept turning off the music so she would go away, but as soon as they turned in on, she would jump in the middle and go at it.

Bless her crazy homeless heart


Here are some pics of the real street dancers. They were pretty funny. They wanted the crowd to form a smaller circle and they said, "Don't worry, we don't have weapons. We are unarmed"
Oh thanks.

Look at this cute little dude. He was like 6!!



We also went the Holocaust Memorial....


You walk through a bunch of towers that have all of the numbers the jews were assignmed with in the camps. It's crazy how many numbers are on those walls. And steam shoots up from the ground... kinda interesting!

One last picture of the city...soo cool!


Then we took the metro back. We took a couple wrong exits, and it took us pretty much triple the amount of time it should've taken us to get back hahah next time we will know!!

Nixon thought the train was COOOOL!







So pretty and so fun!!!!!

It's like a never-ending vacay! Love it!!

9 comments:

Lauren and Adam Weekley said...

AH THIS MAKES ME SAD! I WISH I WAS THERE!

Julie said...

FUN! Glad you made it safe!!! Don't be strangers just cuz you get to have fun for months on end! We just might see you in August if we come out!

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

So fun! That's lucky you and Char got to go together! Good times, have so much fun and CONGRATS on being graduated! I bet it feels so good!

Ashley said...

SO JEALOUS! I wish that I was doing what you guys are doing. I LOVE Boston! It is by far my favorite city.

Nic & Trudi said...

I LOVE the pics that you got of Nixon. Our first experience in dowtntown was quite the experience but at least we know for next time!! I'm so glad you and Char are out here with us!!!

Bianca said...

Ange, looks like so much fun! You will get the hang of the T in no time:) What town are you living in??

CharLee Carn said...

So much fun! Lets go again downtown!!! Sorry about taking you guys in the ghetto area before actually finding where we wanted to go ha ha ha its been a few years since I've done it okay? Ha! But I love that your here with us! Lots of more fun things to come! Yay! (:

CharLee Carn said...

P.s. why oh why did you post that the picture of me with the boxer shorts???? Oh geez ha ha ha!

Val Murphy said...

I am so behind in the blog-o-spere...I didn't even read about you going to Boston and all of the sudden there are like 4 posts from you guys being there. That's awesome! I am really jealous, I've only been there once but I really did love it...I like it SO much better than any other big city back east. Okay, well keep up the updates, it's fun to see pictures of places I went...Quincy Market has some pretty delicious food. YUM! Tyson always raves about the italian sausages he would get at red sox games, you'll have to go try one for him!